If you’re offered a job or plan to study in Malaysia’s Cyberjaya, you’re probably keen to know what is the cost of living for year 2015/2016. Find out here.
Sunset view of Cyberjaya from Putrajaya Lake
Moving to another city or country can be a daunting experience. It involves a lot of money and can be stressful. The cost of living in Cyberjaya is quite similar to other places around Kuala Lumpur but it’s essential for you to know the basic costs of living in Cyberjaya.
According to Cyberview Sdn Bhd which manages the whole of Cyberjaya, there are around 10,000 foreigners working, living and studying here. There’s a sizeable population from India, Middle East, Europe and China.
A few years ago, you have to commute outside of Cyberjaya to do your groceries. However, with the recently opened D’Pulze Shopping Centre, you can buy almost everything you need here.
If you’re new to Malaysia or Cyberjaya, you may be curious about the monthly expenses here.
The information below shows as an estimate on how much do you need to spend on renting a place, utilities bills, food, drinks, commute and entertainment.
Food – Average Cost in Malaysian Ringgit (for latest exchange rates go to www.xe.com)
- A meal in an inexpensive restaurant – 6.00
- A meal in a mid-range restaurant – 20.00
- Cappuccino – 9.00
- Bottled water (0.33 litre) 1.00
- Milk (1 litre) 5.50
- Loaf of bread 2.60
- A dozen eggs 4.80
- Basic (electricity, water, etc) for an apartment 255.00
- High-speed Internet 99.00 to 135.00
- 1-bedroom apartment within Cyberjaya 1,400.00
- 1-bedroom apartment outside of Cyberjaya (Puchong, Sri Kembangan, Serdang) 750.00
- 3-bedroom apartment within Cyberjaya 2,400.00
- 3-bedroom apartment outside city centre 1,466.00
Commuting / Public Transport
There are buses that travel within Cyberjaya and they stop at all major landmarks and areas. Each bus trip costs around RM2.00. If you possess your own transport, you will then need to breakdown your transportation cost as fuel, toll and parking.
It is still relatively affordable to live in Cyberjaya although many people reported that rental prices are increasing.
Do you work or live in Cyberjaya? Share your experience below.